Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm fed up....

All week, Blogger has been having issues. I'll post something, it'll work fine for a little while.... Then I'll start noticing that I can't get to my page. Or if I can, the comments aren't working. A bunch of folks can't upload pictures. The whole thing has been nothing but a big ol' mess.

Blogger's status page happens to be a blog hosted on.... you guessed it... Blogger. There's something that makes sense! They have problems, and you can't get to their blog to know what they are because the friggin system is down. But even if you could get there, you wouldn't get any information anyway... They don't bother updating the site until after they fixed something, and even then, they don't really give you a clue what has been happening anyways...

I've been playing around with wordpress a little. Checking out a freebie account seeing what I can do with it. I'm not happy with the freebie stuff i've found so far though.... I don't have the control over things like my template that I have become so used to. So I started thinking.... My birthday is next month. Why not ask for a domain and hosting for my birthday? That would solve so many issues... I could run wordpress on my own domain and probably stay a lot happier with the whole blog thing. Plus, I could branch out into a few other areas that I've been wanting to anyways. And I could host my wife's and my mom's blogs too...

So look for big changes soon... I want off of blogger badly. I'm so sick of wondering if it'll work today. I'm sick of wasting credits on traffic exchanges for a page nobody can get to... I'm ready to grow up, embrace my inner geek, and start my own space on the net.

*************NOTE********* It looks like Blogger is still screwed this morning too... When i wrote this, there were nice pretty breaks and seperate paragraphs.... when I posted, I looked and I have one huge jumble of text.... Go figure!?!

10 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I think most of us regular bloggers have problems. Not only in posting and comments also in trying to load photos. It says loading is done but no picture comes out. You try again and the same results you get. All of a sudden you have 5 pictures of the same thing in your post.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't post yesterday......for some dang reason. It wasn't anything worthwhile anyway......just an "I know what you mean"
Do you think this happened more recently when you changed your format?
Good luck with the domain name.
My sisters have all these problems too....I just read, because I don't have blog. Good Luck!! How is the NOT smoking going?

Unknown said...

Oh I'm with ya there! It's been nuts. They were down for a few hours last night..hopefully they've remedied the situation

Emily Suess said...

feelin' your pain, but sticking with blogger...the lack of freedom with the template at WP sends me into shock. :)

Jose Fritz said...

I thought it was just me having problems uploading pics. I thought it was my fault... sounds like it is actually blogger...

threecollie said...

Having the same problems you are and thinking about the same solution, but I don't really like the look of wordpress templates. Blogger had good looking ones that are relatively easy to manipulate. I will be interested to see how your experiment works out for you.

Sandy said...

I wandered over here from Michele's. I'm honestly not up on my "blogging outside of blogger" options, but wordpress seems to be coming up a lot lately. I'll be interested to see how things go for you. Weighing my options all the time.

yellowdoggranny said...

had 2 regular blogs that i go to and visit me go to wordpress, and one has already returned...i dont like their templates..they are too sparkly...
thanks for coming by and commenting...a pox on people with music on their blogs..

tegel outlet said...

Wonderful post thanks for sharing

Jobzem said...

This is well explain i like this and also like to invite you to visit rohibook.com this is also website like this here lot of categories like Jobs, Education, Results, Business tips Sports and Health Tips. Just visit http://www.Rohibook.com