Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Quitting Day 3

Day 3.... For some reason, I convince myself that I should go smoke just one cigarette when I wake up.... I'll lay in bed when I wake up and justify it, then I'll get up and go do it. As you may have guessed.... I went and smoked one this morning again. Only got thru half of it today... It was pretty gross. The other thing that was pretty disgusting this morning was the brown ball of who-knows-what that I hacked up this morning... What is that crap that's in my lungs???? I am a non-smoker. Yesterday went really well... I even had a bit of stress and didn't go smoke or freak out too bad because I didn't have one. Today hasn't been too bad either. Sure... I'll sit here and think that it would be so much easier just to keep smoking, but I don't think I want to do that. Today, I get my daughter after school and let her know that I quit. She will be thrilled! She asked us to quit for her birthday this year.,.. said that's all she wanted. That in itself was my inspiration to go thru with it- How could you say no to such a request from such an angel? Anyway... My nephew moved out yesterday and I am now planning on building an N-scale empire in the room he just vacated. This will give me something to do to keep me occupied and give me something to do with the money I am now saving. Wish me luck on continued success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on quitting smoking!!

I've tried a few times myself... the last time I tried, after day 1, my family, even the kids, begged me to just go smoke a cigarette! hahaha

I know I really need to quit myself... my motivation = zero right now! ugh! LOL

Keep up the good work, you can do this!! Put the money in a jar like you said so you can see it everyday! Might help keep ya motivated!

Good Luck!!!