Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bethlehem

Last night, we took a trip to Bethlehem... we stepped back in time and wandered the streets searching for a special child we had heard was in the city. here are a few of the sites we found while we were there... (all pictures can be seen larger with a simple click) Lil Angel meats George the camel... misc 092 Shalom! This wise man shared a little of his gold with us... misc 097 Here... try our goat cheese... misc 100 Little beggars were everywhere... This one saw my camera and couldn't contain her joy... misc 103 Try some of my spices... misc 118 Lil Angel is always willing to lend a hand... Here she is grinding grain into flour misc 125 And then chopping out a bowl misc 128 We didn't have enough sheckels to buy one of these chickens, but they sure looked tasty... misc 130 The basket makers tried there best to ignore the crowds and continue with their work... misc 136 And again, Lil Angel lends a hand making fine pottery... misc 140 And making rope misc 148 Finally, the reason for our trip to Bethlehem... We found the child laying in the manger. Lil Angel decided to give her jeweled ring that a wise man had given her to the child... misc 154 We had a great time on our journey. lil Angel wanted to go thru again as soon as we walked out the door. I love her fascination with God- I want that... I want to look at it all with such a fascination- with such a devotion- I learned a lot just from watching her. Definately worth the trip- I can't wait to do it again....

5 comments:

Tammy said...

What a wonderful time you had. Great pictures, too.

War Eagle said...

Looks like fun. Never saw a interactive nativity before.

Bobbi Salas said...

WOW. I can only imagine what an incredible time you had. Great post and fantastic pictures.

Now I remeber why I visit you on a semi regular basis. (i don't do anything on a regular schedule)

guppyman said...

It was only this past weekend... It was down in Clear Lake.... Not sure what they might do on your end of town...

WendyWings said...

What an amazing display, I have never seen anything so well done before.
Your daughter IS an Lil Angel
( btw sorry you witnessed my outburst but I have been getting pecked at by some for so long today I just blew. I totally deleted my BE account, I don't need to get worked up about stupid things like that)