Friday, December 16, 2005

Random thoughts on a Friday....

For those who haven't figured out their Christmas theme yet this year, here are some crafty things for you to try And for you party animals... try these out I heard part of this on the radio during a news break earlier.... House moves to tighten immigration law at border Now I have to ask a question... One of the quotes from the story was: Supporters of the amendment say the fence would cut down on crime and drug smuggling. But Texas Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee says it would create, ``the largest gated community in the Western hemisphere.'' What the Hell does that mean? Gated community? You mean... one where the people who live there have put up a fence and actively keep people who shouldn't be there out? What's the problem? Sounds like exactly what we want to do to me. Bring on the "gated community"! I just don't get some people. Anyway... I hope everybody is having a great day. We have a busy weekend ahead... Tonight is dress rehearsal for my daughter's church program, and tomorrow and Sunday she does the thing 4 times. Should be fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great ideas there!

Don't want Texas to be too 'gated', I'm trying to get a job and Visa to move to Dallas!

Tammy said...

Shotglasses made of ice?! LOL

Hope you have a great weekend. Hope to see some pics of your lil' one. :)

Mitey Mite said...

Oh, Guppy, as usual you zinged in on one comment & totally ignored the guy who said we have to apprehend them & send them home. I would add fine the heck out of the people who employ them -- no jobs, no illegal immigration. Claire, we will welcome you to Texas. Isn't it a slap in the face to the people who come here legally when we allow illegal immigration?

Sorry, you hit a nerve there. Can't wait to see the LA tonight!

Anonymous said...

Love the tampon crafts Guppy! Now I know what to tell my son those machines are for in the women's bathrooms - they give women something to do when the lines are so long :)

Bridget Unnel said...

Shockingly, Mexico said they are opposed to the Wall. Gee, really? I have a few extra bricks I can mail down to Texas...