Friday, October 28, 2005

My tree limb is gone!!!!!

The tree service I called about my broken tree finally got the time to come out today.... This was damaged when Hurricane Rita blew through. It was pretty fascinating to watch... They started out by tying ropes to it... They had to get it out without damaging the powerlines or the fence underneath. After they got most of the branches that were not supporting the load, one of the guy shimmied up the branch... Then he went waaaaaaayyyyy up there to tie off some of the ropes.... Here they finally have the major part out of the tree.... hanging over my power lines and making me nervous.... I had to help guide the trunk down at this point... that was a major piece of wood! So no pics of them lowering it.... After it was all down, monkey man repelled down... And then they chopped it up to haul out of the yard.... This was a small portion of the debris that came out of there... How cool would it be to have one of these???? Well... My wallet is lighter, but my tree is finally gone! I kept a couple of large pieces to build something out of... I'll post pics of that as soon as I figure out what I'm doing.... At very least it's an excuse to play with the chainsaw!!!!

9 comments:

Tracy S said...

Finally ..lol

It's cool to know that those are not huge oak trees like suspected ...Ohhhh Elm trees ..isn't that what they usually use in scary movies?

phoenix said...

Congrats!! I know that had to have been bugging you ever since you got back home!

I would have been praying every time a strong wind came by!

Anonymous said...

You've got enough firewood there to last me three winters. Too bad I don't live close enough to come fetch it!

Happy weekend! Via Michele...

mw said...

Great pictures - OK, how come I didn't know you could have a career climbing trees and rappeling?

Thanks for the post - mw.

Michele points and I go...

Kevin said...

What would you do with a chipper? Unless you got some enemies you ain't tellin' us about. (Commence evil laughter)

Anonymous said...

I thought about fire wood like Jenny did. I have a couple of tall pine trees around here, I would rather cut a few branches - I know how much lighter your wallet is now! Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

sorry, it was Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

i would love to have one of those tree shredders. have you ever seen that movie fargo???

Anonymous said...

That is dangerous work. Once a guy was cutting a branch in the tree across the street and fell.

Thank goodness that didn't land on your home.