Sunday, August 07, 2005

Today's little project....

Today we decided to steal my daughter's toybox for our own selfish uses. (actually, it was in the way and hasn't been opened in months) We decided that it would make a great blanket chest in the living room. The living room is Americana, so you can guess how this is getting painted. Here's the main part getting painted blue.... And the lid before we added the cream.... Cream stripes and stars added.... We brought it in and it is too blue! Time to take it back out and do some sanding.... Well... Here it is.... What do you think?

10 comments:

JOE B said...

I think it looks great.
Joe

Angie said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

looks much better sanded down a bit... more rustic.... got your weblink from the lezzy guniea pigs, gonna addy yours to my blogroll too, your a clever family, funny, like your blog a bunch. thx for letting me share. btw.... thx too for telling me how to properly do my sunflower seeds :)
caralyn

Wilson Clan said...

I think you both need to come to my house and make me some stuff..lol

Anonymous said...

Very clever. And mighty patriotic, too!

Erin M said...

Very nice, i dont think it's too blue but im a color nut!

True Jersey Girl said...

Looks great! I'd love to see more of the Amerciana living room too!

Anonymous said...

i do prefer the distressed look, but i'm kind of into that stuff

Dawn said...

nice job! it looks great

Bridget Unnel said...

Now let's see the Union Jack version!