Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Memories....

I was thinking about bands I have seen... When I was a teenager, I used to go to concerts just about every weekend... samll hole in the wall clubs to huge outdoor festivals, it didn't matter as long as there was live music... I used to think that music was everything... Somehow I grew out of it. I don't know quite how it happened... It's importance just faded away over time... But some days I miss the pit- Some days I miss the pure adrenaline that comes when the first note blares thru the amplifiers.... the rush of you and 20,000 screaming fans pulsating to the music.... the blood, sweat and beer..... I figured I'd post a small list of some of the bands I have seen live.... This is far from a complete list, This is just what I can remember off the top of my head.... Add hundreds of local bands and opening bands that didn't make an impression.... And yes, I know, some of these I question my own sanity for going to see.... But it wasn't all about the band who was on stage... sometimes it was just the whole scene... the people... the crowd that I was a part of.... the pure energy.... AC/DC, Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Page & Plant, Black Crowes, Beastie Boys, DRI, COC, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Fight, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Metal Church, Dangerous Toys, White Lion, Great White, Warrant, Dead Horse, Rigor Mortis, Morbid Angel, Morbid Scream, Ramones, Frank Black, White Zombie, Alice Cooper, Prince, Sheila E, Hank Williams Jr, Willie Nelson, Chicago, Charlie Daniels, Eddie Money, Joe Walsh, Glen Fry, L7, George Clinton, Veruca Salt, Bo Diddley, Steppenwolf, Frehley's Comet, Heart, Beach Boys, Def Lepard, Tesla, Johnny Winter, Lynard Skynard, Uncle Slam, Exhorder, Retarded Elf..... Theres the short list.... I wish my memory was better, I know there are so many I missed when putting that together.... And I'm sure there are quite a few that my chiropractor wishes i had missed (She once asked me if I had been in a motorcycle wreck after looking at my x-rays- the only explanation I had was too many stage dives). Anyway... There goes one little trip down memory lane....

No comments: