Tuesday, May 02, 2006

American Idol

2 songs each this week... 1st, from the year they were born. Next, one of Billboards chart toppers or some such nonsense... I'll get right to it... Elliot starts out with George Benson's Broadway. He pretty much sucked- Simon even told him to be glad he sings twice tonight.. His second song was some crap about going home. Elliot... you may just get your wish... If only Paris didn't suck so badly.... Speaking of Paris, she was up next with Prince's Kiss. Holy crap! I rememeber when this came out. I was driving already. This is when she was born, and she's about to make more money than I have in my entire life. How pathetic is that? Anyway... I can't stand Paris. She may sing ok, but she grates on my nerves. So... as far as I'm concerned... this and her second song pretty much sucked. Paris is who i really think will go home.... Next up was Chris. And he absolutely slaughtered Renegade. Dude... you sing the 4 notes your voice is capable of very well... why try to step outside that and sing something so obviously way beyond your abilities? I just don't get it... Anyway... His Shinedown song may have been better... I couldn't tell you... the song itself sucked pretty bad so maybe he did it well, maybe he didn't... I don't know. I think Chris is starting to realize what is in store if he wins or gets too close to the top... he's starting to try to throw this thing. And if that's what he is doing, he's doing one Hell of a job at it. McPheever came out and butchered Against All Odds. If she wasn't so damn cute, that really would have upset me. She made up for it by performing her second song entirely on her knees! Woohooo to that! I think we know who all the guys who watch this show will be voting for..... ;) Taylor did Play That Funky Music and did pretty dang good for a white boy... That was classic Taylor and I'd say the best of the night. He finished the show with Something from the Beatles.... not bad but a little slow to end with... All in all, I'd say he did the best. My bottom three- Elliot Paris Chris Going home: Paris

6 comments:

Tracy S said...

While I do not agree with your assesment of their performances ... you may just be right about the bottom three.Although Kat tore that first song to shreds. It was painful... Hopefully ( for your sake) she redeemed herself with the guys with the second song.

Courtney said...

Taylor was my favorite this week also! I like Elliot and Chris both in general, but I agree last night was not either of their shining moments. lol

Jen said...

I think or at least hope Elliot goes home. He's really hard to look at. I do agree with your bottom three...I'm a Chris and Catherine fan....so as long as they make it to the top two I'll be happy!!

Debby said...

i agree....i think Paris is going home this week...

Anonymous said...

I love Taylor.....

Angie said...

Were there TWO shows on last night?? Apparantly, you watched the OTHER one. Dude, I thought you had lost it when you liked Bucky...but..dang....