Friday, May 05, 2006

What is that third flower / yesterday revisited...

Yesterday, a few people asked what this flower was.... It is a flower spike off some kind of aloe plant. I'm not sure what it is exactly, it came with the house... here's a crappy little pic of when it was in bloom... Here's a pic of the plant it comes off of.... And here is the flower spike as of yesterday... There were actually three flowers on this thing, but I pretty much missed the other two... The next neat one that will open is just forming on a bromiliad I stuck in a knothole on a tree out back. I noticed the flowerhead just starting to sneak out when I went back there yesterday. I'll post pics when it opens...

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I had never seen anything like it before. Thanks for the in-depth review. :)

I have to agree to disagree with you on Kat from AI. Chris is gonna win. Or Taylor. She isn't as good as everyone thinks she is. She is pitchy when she sings, and she tends to scream out notes. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I am glad you let us know......I thought those flowers were so Beautiful and I wondered what the heck was #3!!