Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I've built (or would like to build...)


1. Let's start with the scrapbooking desk I built for my wife. Excuse the mess, I took this pic right after I installed the shelves before she had a chance to get it all organized.... 2. Next up is the aquarium stand I built after we moved... I got rid of my 135 gallon tank and went a bit smaller with this 55 gallon... 3. Here is the fist in a series of benches I've built. This one I gave to my dad for Christmas a few years ago... 4. Here is bench I built for my sister's birthday. 5. Next up, I built this one for my co-worker... This is my only paid project I have done so far... She loves it and still tells me about accesories she buys for it- She decorates it for different times of year and it's the first thing you see when you walk in her front door. 6. Here is the most recent of my benches... I built this one for my mom for her birthday last year... 7. I built the A-frame for this swing (I actually built two of these, my mom has the other one)... I went up to Home Depot and took some quick measurements of one they had for sale, beefed it up a bit to make it a little more sturdy, and then built it for half the price... 8. I put this breadbox/potato bin together without ever seeing one... My wife described one she had and I threw together plans in my head an then built it... This pic was before it got finished, but you get the idea... The knobs are different and it looks much better now... 9. Christmas yard signs... first up is Joy... 10. and Santa kneeling by Jesus... While looking for pictures for this, I realized I don't have pics of 13 things I've built... So the next 3 will be projects I would like to build in the near future... 11. Gazebo - I have always wanted to build one... I can picture it with vines growing up and being a peaceful place to hang out in the yard.... 12. Dog house- My dogs are starting to spend more and more time outside... I need to get on this one soon. 13. Entertainment center- I need to build something that fits into our living room that looks better than cheap Wal-Mart furniture... I can see it in my head, I just need to get the idea into the wood... Hope you enjoyed!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


17 comments:

Wystful1 said...

Firstly, thanks for dropping by my T T of 'smells'...I will have to go look up the one you posted about..."patchouli". Call me dumb, but I don't know what that is...will soon, tho. And your craft work?!!!!!! This is just so awesome!!!! You really have a wonderful talent. Love the benches and your Holiday projects too. Simply awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Talented, handy, artistic. :) Good work, nice TT.

Anonymous said...

I can't build a thing. I think its great that someone else can. Good luck! Great TT!

Michele said...

Wow guppy,you're really know
how to use your hands.The only
thing i've built was a snowman
and he melted.Here by way of bm
stop by for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Wow... can you build me something? :)

Anonymous said...

WOW you sure are talented!!!
#1 looks just like a place My Dad built for his video room....was this a prefab or your idea????

guppyman said...

It was all out of my head... I bought the countertops and kinda worked my way out from there.

Wendy Boucher said...

That craft desk/center is amazing. Will you come over to my house next?

Jackie said...

Wow you've done a lot of work! I aspire to build a cabinet, but that's about as far as I've gotten so far.

Bar L. said...

AMAZING! I love the Santa with Baby Jesus - you could sell those for the big bucks, I would buy one!!

Mary Horn said...

voting for you...
Good post and nice work!
~Mary

Chana said...

look at you so handy,,,mine is up!

MaR said...

I am impressed, congrats on your works!

Anonymous said...

WOW

really beautiful stuff

Debby said...

i love the bench you built for your sister...
Definite talent, I say go for it

Norma said...

You are very talented.

mwgrl5 said...

Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed browsing your blog, especially the camping post!

Floated here via BlogMad. I'll have to come back!