Sunday, May 07, 2006

Discovery

If only I could be as fascinated by the world around me like a child... Here is my daughter and her cousin yesterday searching through the rocks by the bay... The littlest things become such a wonder to kids. I want that back... I want to be awestruck by God's small wonders... I guess in a way I was... I watched these two and I was fascinated by their search... I followed along not to see what they might discover, but just to watch the joy they found in the journey.

5 comments:

CindyMae said...

I love watching children (espcially mine) when they are discovering things like that. There is nothing better than realizing God's wonderful creations as an adult or child.

Johnny Wadd said...

that is why kids are cool...they take u back to when u were like that.

Shionge said...

It was wonderful to catpure 'that moment' and relive that memory many years down the road :P

Anonymous said...

I still find such pleasure in the little things. My husband, my co-workers, my kids all joke me about how child-like I am. I love having the ability to be so easily entertained. I hope I never lose it.

Michele sent me.

EJL said...

My son never ceases to amaze me...you would think that as an adult, "how much more do we have to learn" ...amazing how we learn so much from children.