Monday, May 01, 2006

A normal work day....

On my way to work this morning, I drove past the apartments where all the illegals wait for someone to hire them for the day. Yep... there they all sit, and yep... people are there picking them up.... At lunch, I drove past where they are doing highway construction... Sure enough, they have plenty of folks working... I see the yard crews are out in full force too.... What happened to shutting cities down? How come all these folks showed up to work today? Maybe these are the people who I keep hearing about that "are only here to make a decent living". So... Who is protesting? The lazy-asses who came here to suck off the government tit maybe? The folks who INS should be rounding up while they are all gathered in one place? The folks who broke into our country and are now demanding we pay their way? We should be celebrating today. We should be celebrating the largest single-day roundup ever by INS. It won't happen... but... wouldn't it be nice? So... quick question.... If, on this "Day without immigrants"... if the country goes on as normal.... We work and live as we always do... what happens next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never be able to get an answer to the question I really want asked...how many of the people protesting were actually going to go to work today anyway?

Blueyes said...

My question would be how many of them actually were illegals? That'll never get answered. I did notice today though that our new hospital building that is mainly being built by foreigners were all missing today.

Anonymous said...

Actually, most are legal immigrants for the very reason you mentioned. Most of the illegals were not likely to show up for fear of being rounded up by INS.

Anonymous said...

You stated it very well. I live in northern California and the threat was that our town would be shut down. I see no difference here at all today, maybe a few more young children wandering the streets...