Sunday, April 30, 2006

Trash to Treasure

Here's a few shots of the project I am working on. We found this a few weeks ago at a garage sale.... the lady had primered the whole thing white, so imagine that as you look at the pics. I am far from finished, so the colors you see are not how it'll end up- they're just base coats. I'll post pics of the final result once I'm happy with it. Thanks for the comments on my quitting smoking post... I woke up and put my second patch on this morning (instead of saying screw it and running to the store like I wanted to)... Hopefully I can keep myself busy enough not to think too much about it. That and trust that God will take the desire away should help me successfully quit this time.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like you'll have a lot of fun working with that project! And KEEP ON NOT SMOKING! I quit, cold turkey (not even the blessing of a patch) almost 9 years ago now. My sister quit (with the patch) after my daughter was born. My mom quit shortly after. They are all much healthier and happier.

my uncle was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer...was told to quit years ago and never did...sad.

Michele sent me - this is my first visit to your blog!

utenzi said...

Michele sent me, G'man.

I thought it was funny that you posted about drug addicts being sent off to Mexico then the next post was about your quitting smoking. I really don't think they'll ship you off to Mexico--but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

I can't visualize what the chest will look like when you're done, G'man, but it does look like a great project to be working on. The chest has a great shape and a solid look. A very good starting point.

Anonymous said...

There's plenty of work in that chest but I bet it'll look amazing once it's completed!

Good luck with the smoking. I hope it's getting easier!