Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rambling thoughts on a Wednesday.....

Usually... I'd give my thoughts on American Idol today.... But I skipped it. I watched the Astros play 14 innings instead. From what I've read so far... I made the right choice. Sounds like the show was pretty lame last night.... I guess I'll find out when I watch the much shorter version on the DVR later.... But I will make a guess anyway.... Bottom 3 - Paris, Elliot and (gasp) Kellie. Paris will go home.... Yay! It's about time! Anyway... So now what....? I don't have a huge AI post... What to talk about on a Wednesday...? Here's a thought... Earlier I was thinking about how so much could easily get me down... My wife just had to have major surgery... I have to go to work and leave her at the house alone... Gas prices... All kinds of political issues... Money... There are all kinds of things I could get worked up over and get depressed over or whatever.... But- I'm not. I'm thankful. We were able to get my wife's problems taken care of before they became too major. There was no cancer... it all went great actually. I'm thankful I have a job to go to. I'm even a little bit thankful for gas prices... All the activity in the oil industry has my company hopping. All in all- I step back and look at all the little (or major) things that once would have shattered my world and realize that I am so blessed. God is good. So I'm happy. More often than not I'm happy. It's very cool... I find myself happy even when I don't think I should be... When things crash down around me and try to drag me down with them... It doesn't get me down anymore. Is that growth? Maybe.... I know that God won't give me anything more than I can handle... I know He's got my back no matter what... So... I choose to enjoy what life puts in front of me. Thank you Lord!

5 comments:

Tracy S said...

Great post baby! ... God is good indeed :)

Angie said...

AI was actually pretty good. Except Pickler. Ugh.

God is good indeed. (Not about AI, I mean about real life!)

Kimberly said...

Wonderful post. I'm so glad PS is doing okay. Please send her my hugs.

JOE B said...

Guppy,
I have always been told that it is your choice, you can wake up in the morning feeling down, depressed, in a bad mood or you can wake up thankful, ready for the day, happy, in a good mood. Sounds like you have chosen well. (Man, that sounds like a line from Star Wars or something.)
I hope you continue to have a great day.
Joe B

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your on the right track. It's good to assess our lives often, and count our blessings. I wish you well with your family and business...and healing for your wife.

Blessings,

Shirley