Thursday, April 06, 2006

Political idea....

I've come to a new conclusion.... I want term limits. Not limiting folks to a few terms.... No... I think nobody should be able to hold an office for more than one term. You go in, you serve your country, and you go back home. You are done at that point. Career politicians suck. Look at the whole immigration deal the are trying to work out right now. over 90% of American's say they want the flow stopped and the illegals deported. they don't want to give them amnesty (by any name). They don't want to reward people who broke our laws to get here in any way. So our wonderful politicians (who obviously know what's best for us) decide to try to make laws granting them amnesty and no plugs for the hole that is the border. Get rid of these people. I don't know which is worse, illegal aliens or politicians... at least the illegals will work for their money.... The saddest part about my idea for term limits.... The people who would have to make it a law are the folks who's job depends on there not being limits.... That makes about as much sense as letting them vote for their own raises... oh wait... they do that too... Well crap...

4 comments:

Bradley Herring said...

I would LOVE to see where you got that little 90% stat, but I'm afraid I know where you pulled it from. And believe me, I don't want to look there.

guppyman said...

Try Google....

Actually, In a quick little survey I just did, I found polls that go from 91% down to as low as 56%...

The only thing I can't find is one where people want illegals in this country.

Even polls of hispanic immigrants seem to come out stongly against illegals...

Is it too much to ask people who come here to obey the law? I think not. We can debate poll numbers all day, but that doesn't get anyone closer to solving the issue...

Mitey Mite said...

Turns out that Costa Rica has a problem with people from Nicaragua sneaking into the country -- at least, that's what they told me. We had a guide who pretty much taught himself English, and spoke very well, although he kept apologizing for his "bad English". He was shocked when I told him that there are people who live in the US who do not speak English. He could not imagine having the opportunity to learn and not taking advantage of it. That's the crux of it, I think: you come here legally because you want to be an American, or you come here temporarily to work, but on a visa or a green card, in other words, legally, and you become a part of the society you are living in. I am a down-to-my-soul bleeding heart liberal, but it is patronizing in the extreme to say that some people don't have to obey the law. They're too stupid? They don't have the character? What kind of reason could anyone possibly give to justify lawbreaking?

Sorry, Guppy, didn't mean to rant, but two of my grandparents were immigrants and I feel very stongly about this one. Oh, and by the way, fine the heck out of the employers, shut them down if necessary. No one will come if there are no jobs. And if our houses and our vegetables cost more, I'm willing to pay it to have a society of laws.

Anonymous said...

our province is actually deporting illegals from portugal at the present time, it's becoming a huge issue here.