Saturday, April 01, 2006

I think I might be a Democrat.....

I know this may shock some of you, but I think I may vote for Democrats this next time around. I've looked around at the party I was in and no longer identify with their values- Bush lied to get us into an unjust war for Halliburton Lower taxes for rich people while the rest of us get screwed They want to control women's bodies The homophobic right wing religious nutballs want to persecute gay people and deny them their right to marry goats or whoever they choose. The racist right wingers who want to deny our guest workers the right to basic human rights.... Only rich republicans can afford basic healthcare Minimum wage should be raised to at least $15 an hour We need to understand the plight of the people in the middle east and try to understand the reasons they are attacking us rather than blowing up innocent women and children and making more of them hate us I'm running out of ideas for my little April Fool's post here.... You leftists are a bunch of nutcases and I can't even get myself to think like that even for a joke. At least I tried..... Have a great April Fools day everybody!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Ok..Guppy..I ALMOST fell for that...dang..you SCARED me!!!

Anonymous said...

Wowwww you had me scared for a moment! ha
Thanks for stopping in at my place. Michele sent me sorta cause she sent me to you.

Dear AL said...

Guppyman, don't you change! Righties need folk like you!

Hi, Michele sent me!

Anonymous said...

From a "Yellow Dog Democrat" I say welcome. Found you on BOTB and like your site. Hit me back so I can bookmark you.

Mike Pittman said...

I thought about doing something similar. You had me going. I was thinking what in the world were you doing in the Republican party in the first place! Nice one!

VW

Anonymous said...

guess the jokes on you if you think 2333 plus dead soilders over a lie is acceptable. youre not a patriot youre a partisan

Thumper said...

Wow...for my fellow Democrats, all I can say is "Ouch."

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Hey man, glad to stop by, and thanks for stopping by my little corner of the 'sphere...like I said yesterday morning, yours is one of my favorite blogs.

So Ficken Chingers is yours too, eh. I should have known. I vote for that one a lot as well.

Have a great day!

Jod{i} said...

Oh boy you almost had me...
Anyhoo~ There is a great documentary by Thomas Friedman on Middle East countries and their views on Amercicans..Pretty interesting..

Peace

"Jet" said...

Guppy! You totally had me suckered in!! Way to go! And thanks for the clarification at the end!!

XXOO,
JTL

JOE B said...

I thought I was going to have to remove you from my favorites list.
Joe B