Monday, April 03, 2006

The art of distraction......

Friday night we went and saw a movie.... Saturday, we went to garage sales and got some new projects to take up some time... Yesterday it was get paint and weed killer and stuff to take up more time... We need to get the house cleaned up before next week... We need to get the spare room in order for Stormii's mom and grandma.... We need to make sure a lot of stuff is done before next Wednesday.... But doing the stuff to get ready makes it seem more real. Sometimes (like now) I try to fill up my time so that a big event I dread (like Stormii's surgery) doesn't feel so real... I try to fill up all my time so I don't have to think about what is to come... so I don't have to deal with the unknown... I know all the stuff I should be doing, but doing it brings reality so much closer to being real. So I distract myself... I do stupid little projects... I get highly involved in TV shows... I play mindless computer games... I do anything but think about what is to come... Maybe that's not so bad... It wouldn't be good to sit and dwell on it... It wouldn't do any good to worry... I wish I could bring myself to spend more time in prayer, but I even tend to distract myself from that too... Anyway... I don't even know if this is making sense, but it did distract me for a few minutes to write about it.

2 comments:

phoenix said...

Distractions can most times be our saving grace. Everything will be ok Guppy. I know it is hard to believe that now, but it will be. Stormi could use some distractions herself I am sure... is there something you 2 can do together?

Hugssssss

Sir Christopher said...

I can identify. Even with praying we don't always know what to say. That's when I have to rely on Philipians 4:7