Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about American Idol...


1. Congrats to Taylor Hicks for becoming the new American Idol. 2. I didn't think it would happen. I like Taylor, but where is his music going to find airtime? Where do you listen to new stuff from Michael McDonald or Joe Cocker anyways...? 3. Toni Braxton trying to get Taylor to feel her up last night.... Too funny! 4. The Clay-gasm that boy had when Clay walked out on stage was hilarious! 5. Another funny part... They didn't give Pickler her own song to sing! Unfortunately, they did give her a bunch of airtime though. 6. All of them sounded so much better last night than they ever did on the show. I guess not having the pressure on you anymore does a lot for vocals... 7. Vote for the Worst is claiming victory. I'm not so sure I'd call it that... When they failed to keep Brenna in even with votes splitting all those different ways, I started questioning their ability to affect the votes at all... 8. It is funny that the guy who won was one Simon said would never even make it to Hollywood. 9. Meatloaf looked pathetic last night. 10. So did Ms. Psycho Friends Network 11. My favorite parts of American Idol are the cheesy ones. The Ford commercials, the group songs... the ones that make the people feel like they are so out of place it's unreal... those are some classic moments. 12. But I hate the songs they write for the winners (or second place folks) Have you heard the crap Bo is putting out? OMG... that sucks so badly it's painful... 13. What's next.... Big Brother? Can't wait for it to start now....
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


17 comments:

Angie said...

You stole some of my jokes!!! ;)

Great list.

Mines not up yet...I can't think of 13 things about anything!

Taylor is completely marketable...to me, anyway. As long as I can buy his stuff, I don't care about anything else. :)

Pixie said...

I didn't watch Idol at all this year so I can't really comment on the winner. But yeah for him!

Have an awesome day! :-)

Lyvvie said...

Oh no! We don't get to see American Idol until tomorrow. The surprise is all ruined *pout*

oh well.

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch any idol this year, but I think I have a pretty clear picture of what went down now ;)

xtessa said...

first, let me get this out of the way... my 13 is up!

now, to business. it sucked that kat got stuck with an awful song. they sure wanted a guy to win. they should have done the same thing as last year... remember Inside Your Heaven? at least that was fair.

still, i'm sure kat's gonna go a long way. it was surreal to see chicken little though... i've forgotten all about him!

Norma said...

I've never seen the show but heard him on the radio today--do wonder who will listen to him.

Anonymous said...

Just popping in from the Housewife Mafia and I wanted to say I really like your blog template!!

Angie said...

My list is up now. :)

Tracy S said...

Yeah what WAS up with Tony ? She was all trying to get freaky deaky with Taylor...In front of his parents even... It looked to me like he pushed her away ..lol

-tnchick- said...

I didn't watch but am happy a good person seems to have won.

Claygasm? ROFL!

Susan said...

I love Taylor...and I agree that many of them sounded thousand times better than they did before. I thought the Clay Aiken thing was TOTALLY funny and very cool in some ways for that guy.

My TT is up here.

Chana said...

I don't a TT this week but am finding yours hilarious!! #4...cracks me up! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Heh. You're just as weird in your own way, cousin dude!

Remember that summer when you were visiting and we annoyed the snot out of you by singing "Hey, Hey, Johnny" by Elton John? That song always makes me think of you first, then Lennon.

(And I'd listen to the American Idol guy--I don't watch the show, but when I go over to my friend's house and she colors my hair or I work on her computer, that was always on, and she loooooved Taylor. He was the best, I thought.)

Anonymous said...

I don't watch the show but it seems that Taylor was set to win a long time ago from all the talk about him.

Anonymous said...

Ha! You said a bunch of stuff I was thinking and forgot to post about on my blog. Well at least now I don't have to : )

Thanks for stopping by my site the other day.

Anonymous said...

my favorite performancy... Prince...

I still think Chris should have won.

Aidana
HORSES:
http://www.blogcharm.com/ShuvaniStablesAllNaturalHorseAndLivestockRemedyAndProductBlog/
PETS:
http://www.blogcharm.com/KenderKennelPetCare/
EXOTICS:
http://www.blogcharm.com/shuvanimals/

praynlady said...

Good Morning! I am not an AI fan but I predicted that Taylor would win! haha Meatloaf sucked! Big time and as for the rest, well, since I didn't watch it but have family that was addicted to it, I have heard that the whole show pretty much stank! Prince? Come on and gimme a break!!! Why didn't he sing with someone? Maybe Simon should have got up there and sang with him and they could feel each other up or something! Might have been more entertaining!
Hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend!