Wednesday, March 23, 2005

American Idol thoughts.....

OK... I'll confess... I'm a reality TV junkie.... I watch Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol, and various other shows.... I can't get enough! Luckily, with DVR, most are pretty short when you fast forward thru the commercials. Here's a few thoughts on American Idol this week: Fox screwed up and put the wrong numbers under 3 of the names on American Idol last night. Was it a screw up, or did they just want to try to get people to watch 3 shows this week.... Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm..... Anyway.... I figured it was my time to give my thoughts on these people trying to be the next American Idol...... So here we go: Anthony Fedorov, "I Knew You Were Waiting for Me" by Aretha Franklin and George Michael. Ok... this was his best performance yet... but that's not saying much. This guy is mediorcre on his best night. he's got a great backstory... they said he'd never talk, much less sing... but outside of 12 year old girls... I can't see many people voting for this guy to win. The sooner they throw this guy off, the better. Carrie Underwood, "Alone" by Heart. Carrie is a great singer! She's one of my top 4 picks for this season... Her version of Alone sounded great. Scott Savol, "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins. I'm not a Scott fan, but he has a great voice. But this isn't just a vocal competition, and he's not exactly the "chocholate teddy bear" type. I expect him to last awhile, but he doesn't have a chance in Hell of winning this thing. Bo Bice, "Time in a Bottle" Jim Croce Bo is going to win. He's the one guy on the show who looks like this is what he does. Simon was right saying that the rest look like they are in a competition, but Bo looks like he is a professional. Nikko Smith, Sisqo's "Incomplete" Nikko has already been voted off once, and looks to have learned a little from it. He realized that every time he gets up there, he needs to put on the performance of his life.... mostly because he's not that memorable in the first place. Nikko will be gone soon. Vonzell Solomon, "Best of My Love" by The Emotion. Vonzell doesn't impress me much. She's in the boat with Nikko. She can sing... but I'm like meh. Constantine Maroulis, Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You"? I hate ConstantScream! Him being called a "rocker" is insulting to rockers everywhere. Dude is ugly, can't sing, and has been pimped by American Idol beyond belief. I can't wait for his week to go home. Nadia Turner, "Time after Time" by Cyndi Lauper I like Nadia, but she slaughtered Time After Time. That was a truly pathetic performance, but I doubt most people noticed.... They were too busy looking at her Grace Slick impersonation to hear what she sounded like. Her Frohawk was hilarious! Hopefully she comes back stronger... she's another of my top 4 picks this year. Mikalah Gordon, Taylor Dayne's "Love Will Lead You Back." OMG - Cats in heat sound better than this girl. The funny thing is she's taken over as the "vote the worst" choice... They were going for Constantine, but he's got the 12 year old girl vote to keep him around awhile... I wonder how long they can keep the little nanny around? Anwar Robinson, "Ain't Nobody" by the legendary Chaka Khan. Anwar sounds great when doing Stevie Wonder, but has sounded like crap the last few weeks. I think he has a career ahead of him as a Stevie Wonder impersonater, but I can't see him on this show much longer. Jessica Sierra,"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler Jessica rounds out my top 4 picks... She's got that rasp in her voice that impresses the hell out of me. Plus, she belted her song out last night. Basically, any of the following could go tonight and I wouldn't be unhappy.... Anthony, Anwar, Mikalah, Constipate, Vonzell or Nikko.... But no telling how the votes will go this week considering Fox's screw up...

No comments: