Thursday, March 02, 2006

American Idol - Guys turn

*Before you read much further, I figured I'd mention that BlogMad opened up yesterday. I have done some surfing over there and so far I like it. I've also noticed that they are throwing and incredible amount of traffic my way.... OK... Since I did the girls yesterday, I'll do the guys today..... Taylor Hicks Easy - Commodores I like Taylor. He's different. He's good. I'd even root for him to win this thing... BUT- I started thinking about it- can you see hearing this guy on the radio after this is all over with? I need to hear him do some more modern stuff to know..... Elliott Yamin Moody's Mood for Love - James Moody I can't stand this guy... it's probably mostly his looks (he looks like somebody beat Eminem with an ugly stick)... Not bad if you close your eyes, but not real impressive either. Ace Young If You're Not the One - David Bedingfield Just a quick word to all you girls who are so hot after Ace... Ryan has a much better shot at him than you do. Boring performance. Gedeon McKinney Sam Cooke - A Change is Gonna Come Gedeon reminds me of Michael Evans from Good Times... He sounded good last night, but I have a feeling he'll crash and burn the day they step outside his style... Kevin Covais I Heard it Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye Deer in the headlights. That geeky kid they dared to get up and sing karaoke at the dance. America's newest sex symbol. Going home. Jose "Sway" Penala Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder Yawn. Why is this guy on the show? At least he didn't try the falsetto thing again. Will Makar Lady - Kenny Rogers He did ok. He's a local kid, but he just doesn't say 'star' to me. Bucky Covington Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks I thought this was the best Bucky has done. It was funny, I was telling my wife that he'd sound great singing something like "Turn the Page" and right after, Randy says he'd sound great singing Seiger... David Radford Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight Crooners croon, but they can't do anything else. Chris Daughtry Fuel - Hemorrhage FINALLY! Somebody who understands how this show works! Chris took a song that the people who vote actually know, and then he nailed it. If he keeps it up, he's easily the choice to win it all. The judges were right- he is the guy that all the others need to look to on how to win the show. Going home? Kevin Covais Sway

8 comments:

phoenix said...

I picked David and Sway to go home... at least we agreed on one of them. I think Kevin will swing the pre-teen vote.

jane said...

I agree with your 2 going home or it may be Will.

Bar L. said...

I got an email from Blog Mad saying their site was up, since YOU endorse it - I will check it out :)

-tnchick- said...

I haven't made my way to BlogMad - do you have to surf? I don't surf...

I have failed to watch AI, too.

I just am slackin' - eh...

-tnchick- said...

hehe, you were spammed... awww.

Shelly said...

I'm thinking Will and Sway will be saying buh-bye. But I'm a HUGE Elliott fan. He does look different, but I really enjoy his voice. Chris is my fave though and has been from the beginning.

Angie said...

Eh..I'm sure you read my thoughts..I pretty much agreed. :)

"Jet" said...

Chris ROCKED!!! I loved it!!