Thursday, March 16, 2006

Update on Stormii

We went to the new doctor yesterday... First- He specializes in laparoscopic kidney surgery... Good news! He is 80% sure he can do this laparoscopicly! More good news! He says her time in the hospital should only be 24 to 48 hours, and her down time should be fairly short also! This doctor seems fairly confident and all is good on that end. Then we talked to his coordinator... It seems that he will be out of town the week they had her surgery scheduled... So... Now they are trying to reschedule everything. We don't know when just yet- just that it won't be the 29th. *****Hey... Now we know... Surgery is scheduled on April 12th****** Oops... I had my work reschedule some training courses to accommodate this... Stormii's mom and grandma have plane tickets that'll need to be rescheduled now... But you know what? It's ok. God is good! Stormii's dad is scheduled to see a neurosurgeon about his back problems on the 29th... So her mom will be there for him instead of here... It's kind of funny how things fall into place like that. I'll let you know when we find out more. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers folks... we appreciate it.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the update! I'll change my calendar now. I have my work calendar marked so I can have stormii on my mind and in my prayers all day that day! :)

Bar L. said...

OH GOOD! Laporscopic is very good news! I'll re-mark my calendar as well. Be sure she lies FLAT for a long time after the surgery or her shoulders will be in excruciating pain! My doctor didn't warn me and I found out the hard way (the gas they use to blow you up will go to your shoulders if you sit up...well they don't really blow you up, bad choice of words).

Praying for you too Guppy, sometimes its even harder on the loved one because of their concern :)

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes ok... i wish you both load of love and bunnies!

Kimberly said...

Give her a hug from me :) xo

xtessa said...

good to know that things are moving forward... i admire your faith, guppy. i could only wish my faith is as strong as yours.

Anonymous said...

just knowing more has to be some relief!

eph2810 said...

That is great news. Thanks for the up-date.:)

JOE B said...

Guppy,
I know you are stressing about Stormii, just know I am praying for BOTH of you.
Joe B

carmilevy said...

This is great news indeed. I'm praying for you both. The date's now marked on my calendar.

Holly said...

I am writting it down so I can be in prayer for you both during that time! God is definately good! And will be present during the surgery!! :)