Monday, March 20, 2006

The weekend and more pictures

This weekend I feel like I actually got something accomplished. I cleaned up one of the gardens- Trimmed out a lot of overgrown stuff and got some tomatoes and peppers planted... Stormii planted a bunch of new flowers and weeded and trimmed the front planters... The yard is starting to look good again! The most dramatic thing was when we fired up the chainsaw (you know you had a good weekend when the chainsaw gets involved) and trimmed the lower branches off the tree out front: This tree has driven me crazy since we moved in... I was ready to cut it down I hated it so bad... But a few cuts and suddenly I have a tree I like. Plus, you can actually see the house from the road now. I just hope the garbage men are ok with our bundles of limbs... And since ya'll seemed to enjoy the last batch.... here are a few more flower pics for you... Enjoy!

7 comments:

Malinda777 said...

Your photos are nice to see since we're still getting snow :)

You should submit some of your photos to Webshots.com. You have talent :)

carmilevy said...

Your pictures are plenty good in their own right. It's not the camera: it's the photographer. And you're quite the photographer.

So your neighbor's moving, I see. Hmm...

Sir Christopher said...

Hey, it looks good to me. Bet it feels better too.

Jod{i} said...

Hey anytime you are New England way...I have a few trees, LOL(oops not suppose to use that anymore) ::Snicker::

Peace
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Another set of very nice pictures. Very colorful.

Spring? Are you here yet?

Anonymous said...

The flowers look great! I'm so hesitant to plant anything yet.. Last time we did plant this early we ended up with everything dying from a last minute freeze.. And then today we aren't even at 50 yet! gotta love SE Texas!

fotArte said...

Nice colors... nice flowers! Good job ;)