Wednesday, March 22, 2006

American Idol

50's night.... Barely Man-enough helping the performers get ready.... I'll just jump right into the performances.... Mandisa Dinah Washington - I Don't Hurt Anymore Yeah. Madisa can sing. Yeah. it was another good performance from her. But I'm bored with her. Maybe it's her style of music... It's not something I see myself listening to after the show is over... I like her... I like her voice, but... I don't know... it's just not there for me anymore.... Bucky Covington Oh Boy -Buddy Holly Bucky Bucky Bucky.... Why did you choose this song? Kinda boring tonight, which isn't good at this point in the game... You might just be in the bottom three tonight. Paris Bennett Fever - Peggy Lee This was the worst version of Fever that I have ever heard. The judges were gushing all over this, but I thought it sucked. And I think America will agree with me and place little Paris in the bottom three. Chris Daughtry Johnny Cash - Walk the Line Dude... Chris could start recording now... forget this competition and go on to a very successful career. Very cool version of a great song... Katharine McPhee Come Rain or Come Shine - Ella Fitzgerald Sexy. Hot. I got McPheever! Taylor Hicks Not Fade Away - Buddy Holly Taylor is fun to watch... His dancing is hilarious, but it works so well for him... What did randy say... Jay Leno, George Clooney and a little Phil Donahue... too funny! Lisa Tucker Why Do Fools Fall in Love - Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, YAWN. I hope you packed Lisa.... It's time to go home.... Kevin Covais When I Fall in Love - Nat King Cole Kevin actually kinda sorta sounded good tonight. This one worked for him, and probably made 11 year old hearts melt.... Elliott Yamin Teach Me Tonight - Al Jarreau Boring. But then, I think he's been boring since day one. This guy has nothing to stand out... he's got a decent voice, but Chris and Taylor blow him out of the water on the guys side of things... He'll make it through this week, but i don't see him lasting too much longer... Kellie Pickler Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight This is Kellie's niche... This worked great for her... BUT... Who did her makeup? I think somebody was screwing with her when they did it... she looked like Bozo the clown... Ace Young In the Still of the Night - Five Satins Ace must have realized after last week that it's gonna take more than a pretty face to stick around... I think this was the best he's done so far... I still didn't like it, but it was his best... So there you have it folks... Bottom Three: Paris Bucky Lisa Going Home: Lisa

1 comment:

Angie said...

Why can't they just get rid of Bucky, Kevin and Lisa this week?? Let the rest of them fight it out?? In a perfect world, Kellie would go home now, too. *sigh*