Wednesday, March 15, 2006

American Idol

Well... It's Stevie Wonder week. Why? Why take a guy who you've complained about people singing and base the entire week around his songs? What's next week... Mariah Carey? I hate artist theme weeks- I much prefer decades or style... Anyway... let's get on with the performances.... Ace Young - Do I Do Boring. Everything about this guy bores me... why do ya'll keep voting for him? Kellie Pickler - Blame It On The Sun Boring. Not even any new food to tell us about this week.... Elliott Yamin - Knocks Me Off My Feet Boring. My wife likes Elliott. I can't stand him. See what theme weeks do? I see a pattern starting.... Mandisa - Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing Mandisa was decent, but forgetable. The best part of her deal was when Ryan took her shoes off.... Bucky Covington - Superstition Finally... somebody who I might listen to after this is over. Bucky is one of the few this year that I would listen to after this is over (along with Taylor and Chris)... I keep seeing him towards the bottom of polls, and I don't get it... Melissa McGhee - Lately OMG... She forgot the words! First, in front of Stevie... then... on the show. How funny! Notice during the recap she suddenly sang it right? I always hated that they show practice sessions sometimes during the recap... Lisa Tucker - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours Lisa did ok, but she was forgetable. Kevin Covais - Part-Time Lover Comic relief. First, I laughed all the way through his performance... then... I laughed through is attitude with Simon. This kid has a great future in stand up. Not sure why he's on AI though... But I hope he stays just for my entertainment. Katharine McPhee - Until You Come Back to Me Finally! The show started. What was all that other crap before this? I'vegot McPheever! Talyor Hicks - Living for the City Taylor is great! He knows how to work the crowd... his tourets style dancing works for him... he sings great... good job old man! Paris Bennett - All I Do I liked Paris during the auditions, but I am so done with it. I kept thinking her head was gonna fall off with her little bobblehead routine last night.... Chris Daughtry - Higher Ground And of course... Chris steals the show again. This guy knows what the goal is... to actually have a career after all this. He's well on hiis way, and he's gonna do great. Bottom three: Kevin Melissa Ace Going home: Melissa

8 comments:

Angie said...

You want Kevin to stay?!? Bite your tongue!! I understand the comic relief..but come ON!! He and Melissa must go fast..then Ace and Bucky!!

But, you already know how I feel. :)

xtessa said...

my love affair with ace ended on his 2nd performance when he sang that daniel bedingfield song. so sad...

i agree with you about paris. she can sing but she irritates the heck out of me.

Rosemary said...

I agree with you that it's counter productive to have these artist featured shows. The genre ones are much more interesting to me.

After all, how CAN anyone be expected to sing a Stevie Wonder song, that HE helped them rehearse, without it sounding like a Stevie Wonder ripoff?!
~~BA82

Anonymous said...

I can see doing SW week later on in the show, when you're suppose to have the best singers left, but not this first week!

Brigitte said...

I hope your right babe..but I still think Kevin's going but we'll see tonight!

phoenix said...

Wig??? ummm that was HIS hair lol I can see the above commenter has not seen all the shows. I think it will be either Kellie or Chicken Little. I think America has had enough of his 'tude. The cute is annoying now. We shall see tonight though!

guppyman said...

:)

I knew Kevin wouldn't be going anywhere just yet....

Perfect bottom three tonight!

Unknown said...

Melissa was just asking to go. When I was singing, I did fall off the stage once, but I never forgot the lyrics. Twice!!