Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Crapfest...errr... American Idol....

What happened to these folks this week? Did they all get together and decide to prove that they shouldn't be allowed to sing modern music or something? This had to be the worst night since auditions... and these are supposed to be the top 10???? Send em all home and let's start over! Here's the review.... Lisa Tucker Kelly Clarkson - Because of You Um.... no. Lisa... you have consistantly sucked and it's time for you to forget this little fantasy of yours and go home. But with how crappy most of the others were... who knows if you will. Kellie Pickler Suds in the Bucket - Sara Evans Boring. Come on Kellie... you are supposed to be a country girl... so what happened here? That sucked. Ace Young Train - Drops of Jupiter OMG... I'm blind! Ace decided to reveal his waxed chest to us during the horrible performance of a bad song.... Please... somebody put him out of his misery.... Talyor Hicks Trouble - Ray LaMontagne Taylor... sorry, but you kinda sucked tonight too. You have nothing to worry about, but come on dude.... Mandisa Wanna Praise You - Mary Mary Finally- something I liked tonight. The judges didn't get it, but who cares about them anyway? Pop out the Christian music in front of 30 million people Mandisa! Wtg! Great job! Chris Daughtry Creed - What If Dude... don't sing Creed. This was Chris's worst performance yet... That sucked. Katharine McPhee The Voice Within - Christina Aguilera Sounded horrible. I usually am all about the McPheever... but ewwwwwwwwww...... Bucky Covington Tim McGraw - Real Good Man In my opinion- Bucky was the best of the night. This fit him perfectly, and he did it well. Paris Bennett Work It Out - Beyonce I liked Simon's description of this one... "It was like a little girl trying to be Beyonce"- And might I add... failing miserably. Elliott Yamin Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Want to Be I can't believe I'm going to say this, But I kinda liked this version of this.... And when the camera pulled back far enough, I could almost look at the screen without hiding under the couch from his ugliness..... Do you folks who say Taylor can't dance turn the channel before Elliot comes on or something? Anyway- as you can see, I only enjoyed 3 performances tonight: Bucky, Mandisa & Elliot.... Bottom three: Lisa Ace Paris Going home: Lisa

4 comments:

Angie said...

Eh..our opinions weren't THAT different. Overall it was just a night of pure suckage!

When I watch..and rate the singers, I TRY to take into account, how they have done so far. Take Pickler, I think she has sucked almost all along and she just gets worse. Go home Kellie! Or Elliott, I didn't care for his rendition of gavin degraw last night, however, I think he has been consistantly good up to now. He deserves to stay.

I just wish they would go ahead and cut it down to Mandisa, Taylor, Chris, Elliott and Katharine and let the rest go.

Next week HAS to be better..right?? Right??

MTR said...

It was funny and sad that the judges didn't get it. Randy said he didn't understand the song choice, Paula said people were "worshipping at the church of Mandisa" (and I loved it when Madisa shook her head "no"), and then Simon called it self-indulgent. Huh?

Anonymous said...

Singing Creed (especially anything after their first album, at least they had angst going for them then) is a definite no-no. Not winning any rocker pointers with that song choice. It was nice that they let him come clean about the whole Live Walk the Line fiasco though.

Bitch from Hell said...

i can always count on you or your wife to catch me up on my fav shows i have missed, thanks for being so on top of all my favorite shows .. =) lol
oh and i havent been here for a while, so i read to catch up... the whole lawnmower thing, that cracks me up... you have a great blog, keep up the good reads please *grin*
caralyn