Wednesday, March 08, 2006

American Idol

American Idol- Tonight started out rocky, but got better as the evening progressed.... here's my take on the girls- Paris Bennett Conga - Gloria Estefan This was bad. Not exactly a great song to begin with, but Paris didn't do herself any favors by doing this one. Lisa Tucker Here's Where I Stand - Tiffany Taylor Good vocals- but BORING! I don't get Lisa at all... She has a great voice, but she pumps out this forgetable crap every week. Why? Melissa McGhee What About Love - Heart Another very bad song choice. I'm a huge heart fan, and she slaughtered this one.... Kinnik Alicia Keyes - If I Ain't Got You She sang it like she never did get that sex-change... It really left me feeling like I was watching a bad female impersonator. Katharine McPhee Think - Aretha Franklin Hey cool... Finally... Somebody does something right tonight! The not pregnant, not quitting McPheever girl sounded good! Ayla Brown Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten This just sucked. I don't know the song, but I really hope that's not what it is supposed to sound like. She looked like she was trying to be something she's not (due mostly to Simon's advice). It didn't work for me. Mandisa I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan Mandisa kicks ass! She's quickly becoming one of my favorites. Kellie Pickler Melissa Etheridge - I'm The Only One I liked Kellie a lot tonight. I thought she did a great job on this.... Vote for the Worst has decided that Kellie is the worst singer on here, and have chosen her as their candidate. They are destroying what I once thought was a great idea. I don't agree with them at all that Kellie is the worst- she's actually the most marketable one of all of them (and that really is what the show is about). After this is over, she will have a great career and sell lot's of albums. If she doesn't win (and I don't think she will), she'll probably outsell the winner.... Just my opinion... Anyway- My picks to go home are: Kinnik Sky And a surprise - Paris Bennett

4 comments:

Angie said...

I agree that Kinnik will go tomorrow, but I think Paris will stay a little longer.

I agree with texas ivy...Katharine is awesome! Plus, I love Mandisa. She is a beautiful woman and girl can SANG!!

Kellie Pickler is annoying the crud out of me. She's an ok singer..but just..ugh..

phoenix said...

Yep Kinnik and Ayla will be gone. Paris will be in the top 5. :)

xtessa said...

i know some will hate me for this but ayla was so awkward on that stage that she looked like a giant grasshopper.;)

Anonymous said...

I think Kinnik and Melissa are going home (I don't like anyone that slaughters Heart)!!!!