Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 40th Amy!

My sister turned 40 today! OMG that is so old!!!! (Thank God I still have 7 years before I hit it). Anyway.... we had to do something... so we started out with my mom placing an ad in the local paper... It had a picture of her from when she was 7 years old and said something along the lines of: "She's still a shorty, and now she's 40" Signed by CTEA (Comittee to Embarass Amy). I built a bench for her... She is into birdhouses and country style decorating (or bumpkin as my nephew calls it).... Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Sh really liked the bench, even though on the back it says "Happy 40th Damn that's OLD!" (Wish I had taken a picture from the back) I gave her that yesterday at my 4th of July party... Then last night about 2am... we had to run over to her house one last time.... We had to place this small flock of flamingos.... Happy Birthday Happy Birthday She says they are tacky enough that everybody is slowing down to read the sign (and honking).... Anyway.... Happy birthday Amy... Enjoy it! Even if you are old as dirt....

11 comments:

Beanhead said...

Oh how funny! We celebrate 40 in style here also. Gotta make a huge deal of it. I love the flamingos!!

millennium hippies said...

you MADE that bench?? you are very talented! that is awesome!!!

Angie said...

I want a bench! Make me a bench! I love the bench. (read that in a whiny voice) Hey, the bench is awesome! And I love the flamingos! There is a church youth group around here that you can "hire" to "flock" someone for a birthday or what have you and they put 60 or 70 flamingos in the yeard. Cute. :) Sounds like sis has a good sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your sister! my son's birthday is tomorrow, but he's only 14, hmmmm, that kind of makes me sound old.
the bench looks awesome, can't wait until i have enough free time to try and do something like that.

xtessa said...

happy bday to your sis! what a great gift... and CTEA seemed successful in their jobs. LOL!

True Jersey Girl said...

Wow, I am glad I am not your sister! Just think, she has 7 years to think up ways to get back at you for this!

Shrinking Wop said...

When I turn 50 I could use a couch. I could also use a 20 something year old playboy playmate but I'd probably just hurt myself.

Very cool B-Day gift for your sister.

Bridget Unnel said...

What a great birthday gift. Damn those annoying flamingo infestations! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I really like the bench! Thank goodness I don't have anyone who will do that to me.. My sister knows I come back 10x worse than what she gave.. ;)

Melissa said...

Love the flamingos! Cute idea!

Anonymous said...

What a superbench! Here via Michele's