Thursday, July 07, 2005

Vacation....

I am usually a news junkie.... I can't get enough info to satisfy me... politics, all kinds of stuff... But I've been on vacation since Friday... And I haven't bothered seeing what is going on in the world. I knew there were a few tropical storms out there (somebody told me so I checked Wunderground... but other than that- I have been pretty much shielded from the events of the world. This morning, I read on Bridget Unnel's page that something had happened in London... I had to go check it out- and plastered all over every news website is the news that terrorists set off bombs killing a bunch of folks.... I read article after article about this... picture after picture of the aftermath... I know way too much about what happened now... I'm pissed off by it... I'm stressed out by it... And I've decided... I'm going back to my vacation... The world is such a depressing place... I don't want to deal with any of it until Monday.

7 comments:

carrie said...

i know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you in the least. Hi, Michele sent me.

Megan said...

I'm with you - of course, for me, every day is a news holiday. If it's important, I will find out about it. Like this morning.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Melissa said...

I wish I was on a vacation...I don't blamd you.

Beanhead said...

I agree going on a vacation sounds like a great idea at this point.

Anonymous said...

if only it was that simple

Bridget Unnel said...

Sorry to be the one to give you that tragic heads up. :(