Friday, July 22, 2005

More on London + More on Gwen Stefani...

Police kill a suspect in London today. I say Way to go! This is not only the best way to deal with terrism suspects, but for criminals in general! If people who ran from the cops were just dropped on the spot like this guy, I betcha we'd see a lot less running... Too bad they can't adopt this policy here in the states! I do have to say that if we have to deal with terrorists, these are the kind I want- The incompetant kind. What are the odds that four bombs made to kill quite a few innocent people don't go off? I'll betcha the bombmaker is pissed at himself... And I betcha his buddies who thought they were on the way to get their virgins are even more pissed. Maybe one less bombmaker to have to deal with if they get hold of him? Anyway... Stay stong England! We're behind you all the way! On a lighter note... Some of you may remember my post about Gwen Stefani's Hollaback girl back in May... Go ahead... go read it real quick... I'll wait. Now, I found this article from OC Weekly looking at this song in-depth trying to figure out just what this song is supposed to be about. Anyway... Happy Friday everybody!

7 comments:

Panthergirl said...

So a boy being chased by the cops who runs because he's terrified should be shot dead? Even if he didn't DO anything?

It's this kind of vigilante attitude that makes me WISH the red and blue states could just split apart. This is really frightening, sorry.

I'm most puzzled by how this kind of thinking meshes with a "religious" mentality. Then again, most of the violence in this world (including that perpetrated by the terrorists) is rooted in religious fanaticism. So maybe it's not puzzling after all.

guppyman said...

Terrified? By what? If a person did nothing wrong, why on Earth would they be terrified by the police? And if they did... Why give them the opportunity to get away and do more?

Where you make your jump from this to religious fanaticism is beyond me. Where did I bring up religion in any of this? Did I say we should do this in the name of God, Allah or any other deity?

Maybe you like a society where criminals have more rights than victims... but I am ready to see a change.

trusty getto said...

What a riot! Both your post and the OC Weekly (I'm talkin' 'bout the Gwen Stefani stuff, not the terrorism which is most certainly *not* a riot). Fell out of me seat laughing. I used to like her, too, but I have no clue as to what she thinks she's doing with her new "music."

As to the terrorist, I think the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist. It's best to catch 'em and use 'em for intelligence, but if the choice is shooting 'em or lettin' 'em run away, well, it's obvious, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

The man that was murdered by the police was completely innocent, and no links to terrorism what so ever. Well done for condoning that.

The police were not in uniform, wouldnt you run if a couple of guys were running at you with guns?

Twat.

guppyman said...

Nice.... I've now been called a twat by somebody who is too chickenshit to leave a name.... lol

But either way... Let's see.... I'm at a subway station where security is know to be intense due to recent events... Suddenly some guys with guns shout stop... police! Hmmmm.... I think I'd stop.

Betcha the next guy doesn't run...

Innocent my ass....

Anonymous said...

My name is Jason Hewitt, I'm not chicken shit you bloody prat.

I live 5 minutes away from stockwell station, if you see some around here with a gun, not matter what they say, you run.

What makes you think he's not innocent when there have offical police statements stating so? He had brown skin?

Anonymous said...

I think all he is trying to say here is that enough with the terrorists getting the upperhand. Yes it sucks that he got shot and yes it sucks that it has come to this. It's not like he was in a back alley and someone chased him. He was in a high risk area. And yes how many white skinned terrosists have you seen lately? It's called racial profiling and unfortunately they put the pofile on themselves.