Saturday, July 23, 2005

Just some thoughts on my morning....

This morning I looked out on my yard and decided that it really really needed to be mowed. So I jacked up the wheel's on my mower and went to work.... I got the front yard mowed and edged before my shirt was soaked with sweat and it got too hot to do much more.... So I decided it was time to take a look around the yard... Here's an Angel's Trumpet in bloom... Have you ever wondered what became of my sunflowers? I have been letting them get ready for my harvest... the ones I tried with the first time were so not ready! Probably this weekend we will be harvesting some seed! I'll let you know how they turn out. The seeds are huge and full... can't wait to try em out! (they're not bad raw either) Just a quick shot to show how massive the trees in my backyard are! Society Garlic. Anyway... there's the 50 cent tour of the front.... I have a lot of cool shots I got out back this morning and I'll have to post them later. Hope everybody is having a great weekend!

16 comments:

Steph said...

Your yard is beautiful! I'm just impressed that you mow your own lawn - I'm way too lazy.

By the way Michele sent me...have a great day!

Dawn said...

I hate yard work...I leave that to my boyfriend to do.

I am here via Michele

Heather said...

Ahhh trees. We don't have many of those in West Texas:-)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great gardening pics!

Michele sent me here.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Pretty place, fish.

Michele sent me.

Lu said...

ugh definately too hot for yard work...kudos to you! :)

here from micheles

Anonymous said...

Hi Guppyman, great pictures. I never even got around to planting sunflowers this year. I do have a few volunteers from last year, but it's not the same. sigh.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tour. Michele sent me.

Quitter said...

Whoa..I'd say it needed a good mowing otherwise you may have lost one of your pets in there and never found 'em!! But you do need to be very careful doing yard work when the temps are so high..make sure you drink pleny of liquids!!
Your sunflowers are freakin HUGE, my son gave me a seed (he got at the end of this school year during a field trip) it has yet to even bloom a flower :(
take care

Anonymous said...

Nice garden - Michele sent me.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

I'm jealous of your trees! My bedroom gets SO hot during the summer because the two windows are prime targets for Mr. Sun to shine through, so trees that huge would be great shade! ;)

Tracy S said...

I am so glad he mowed ...lmao It was getting to be a jungle out there ..lol

I love you honey :)

Pikkel Weezel said...

Hmmmm

carmilevy said...

What a gift to have been able to meet your neighbor-horse while working outside.

My only brush with fame, so to speak, today was with a life flight helicopter rushing a critically injured patient to the hospital. I happened to be on my bike as it made its final approach, so I stood by the landing pad and watched.

Your day sounds much prettier. Thanks for sharing this.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Great pics, guppyman. Makes me long for spring or fall temps. It looks deceptively beautiful outside and yet it is going to get up to 100 degrees with a heat index closer to 110. Yuck!

Bridget Unnel said...

Drooping post-heyday sunflowers depress the hell out of me...