Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sunflower harvesting redux....

Today, we got out in the yard and got a few things done.... Here is my beautiful wife sculpting the jasmine bush that tried to cover the front corner of the house... Meanwhile, I went out and brought our garden down to size.... Doesn't it look pathetic???? Here is my haul from the chopping..... I wanted to harvest seed, but there are hundreds of these little guys competing with me for rights to these plants... But I got a few seeds.... I left a bunch all over the driveway for the birds and squirrels... And here is my haul..... So I will be trying once again to salt these.... Last time they molded before I got the chance to do it (besides, I harvested them too soon). Hopefully this time turns out a bit better.... I'll let you know.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I see that you have changed you site again....are you happy with this change? I like it..but I liked the other look to.

I am here via Michele

xtessa said...

eeew... i hate the creep crawlies. i was just at your picture dump site and i wondered who's got the green thumb, you or presentstorm?

love the new template by the way... it makes me feel HOT... so i'm gonna turn on my A/C now.;) ehehehe...

Lu said...

good luck with the seeds this time. :)

here via micheles

JOE B said...

I love sunflower seeds.

Hey Guppyman I just wanted to congratulate you on the win against me in the BOTB. Maybe next time.

By the way, I really like your blog. The Mr T video was awesome.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Blog looks great! Good luck with the sun flower seeds..

Twist of Kate said...

Yum I love seeds!!!!! But that's because I am a very oral person I think! :) Hope they turn out this time. Loving the new look by the way...

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great! I forgot to water our flowers on our deck yesterday, and then they shut off our water last night because of a water main break. I think they are gasping for air today.

Come by and see my new movie if you get a chance!

Bridget Unnel said...

So many sunflowers who won't live to see their potential. Boo hoo hoo!!