Thursday, July 21, 2005

Summer TV = Reality TV

It's summertime... The big reality TV season... So I just thought I'd post my thoughts on a few of the shows that are out there that we've been watching.... So You Think You Can Dance? This one started last night... I think they forgot the part that made American Idol such a hit... where's all the lousy dancers??? Where are the idiots who get up and make complete fools of themselves on national TV? Sure... you had a reject white-rapper guy and a horse-faced pop-locker... but where's all the trully horrible folks that surely applied to get on this show??? So far... I'm not overly impressed. Hell's Kitchen We came in late to this one, but it has been pretty good. So far I've learned that these so-called chefs pretty much suck, that all chefs chain-smoke and drink a lot, and that Chef Ramsay tries real hard to do his best Simon impersonation, but just doesn't have the charm to pull it off. Still, it's been pretty entertaining. Beauty & The Geek This one is over already, but it was one of the better summer offerings this season. I'll watch the next installment. Average Joe Why do I keep watching this crapfest? Which guy on there is average? And everybody can see that the chick is about as deep as a sidewalk when it comes to picking who she'll date. The last episode, she cried after witnessing a guy who she hasn't even been on a private date with kissed a girl he met in a bar. Ummmm... Anna... You've kissed every one of the guys you've dated on the show. Every guy in the house knows what all the other guys tongues taste like. How is it that it's ok for you, but if the guys do it they are somehow "betraying you"?????? Big Brother 6 Clash of the lies and egos... This season looks like a wonderful train wreck... Tuesday they actually had to get on the mics and tell everyone to go to seperate corners... I wish they wouldn't have stepped in... I was ready to see a fight! Anyway... the folks in control seem to be big assholes, and the likable folks will get picked off. But for some reason I'll stay tuned... Rock Star INXS I haven't bothered watching this one, even though I keep hearing good things about it. I guess the name kinda threw me off... Why put Rock and INXS in the same sentance??? They should have called it "Really sucky old band needs a new singer". Anyway... Somehow I became a reality TV junkie... I don't know how I allowed myself to get to this point, but I'll admit it... I like the damn things. Much better to watch wannabees than to watch already rich overpaid actors any day. So if you need me in the evening, just look in front of the TV... That's most likely where you'll find me!

6 comments:

True Jersey Girl said...

The INXS show is really good - everyone can sing well, and I actually LIKE the band!!! And I am not that old. Really. I swear.

Kristi said...

I am so addicted to reality tv. It's embarrassing, and I'll admit it in my "real life" to just a few people! The only one of these I'm watching is Big Brother, of which I've watched every season. You're right-the people "in control" are just awful, and soon all the tolerable people will be gone. However, they'll eventually have to canabalize each other, right? Eric needs to go soon.

Scooter McGavin said...

INXS rules! Well at least they did, but no way I'm watching or listening to a Micheal Huchins-less INXS. But I loved them in the 80's.

Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

Vickie said...

Guess where you will find me many nights right in fron of the tv watching those reality shows. I'll admit it I am addicted to them and I don't care who knows it. Right now Big Brother is my favorite followed by Average Joe and then INXS.

Quitter said...

I didn't think I'd like Rock Star INXS either, I was never a big fan of INXS to begin with, but some of the singers are actually pretty good and they sing "rock" songs which sure beats "American Idol" in my book!!

Bridget Unnel said...

You forgot "Real World".. I know, I know, at 36 I am waaaaaaaay past the MTV demographic, but still. I've tuned in, I've watched -- even though the show lost whatever edge it once had.