Friday, July 22, 2005

WTF? Why mess with the clocks even more????

Lawmakers move to extend daylight-saving time House and Senate negotiators on an energy bill agreed to begin daylight-saving time three weeks earlier, on the second Sunday in March, and extend it by one week to the first Sunday in November. Friggin idots! This pisses me off beyond belief! It's bad enough that daylight savings time exists in the first place, but now they are going to screw it up even more. I liked my idea... rather than springing forward and falling back, we split the difference and set the clocks on one time and leave them there! Pick a time... I don't care, but quit screwing with the damn clock! Here's another little tidbit from the story.... Upton noted that the extension means daylight-saving time will continue through Halloween, adding to safety. "Kids across the nation will soon rejoice," said Upton, because they'll have another hour of daylight trick-or-treating. Hey idiot... actually, parents across America will soon be royaly pissed. What kid wants to go trick-or-treating in the day light? This will just keep kids out later due to the late start they will be getting. Some days I wish they would just shut Washington down and do nothing at all. We'd all be better off if they did.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get really narked with the clocks going backwards and forwards all the time, and it's at different times in every country...gets very confusing

True Jersey Girl said...

The whole thing makes zero sense, but what do you expect from lawmakers in this country. There obviously isn't anything else to worry about.

And I agree with you on the London bomber being shot...good riddance.

Michele sent me, btw.

Der Tommissar said...

Every time someone tells me, "You can't turn back the clock." I just say, "I do it every fall, moron."

Tracy S said...

living in Texas and making the day longer SUCKS!!! I have to waitso much longer to go walking after dinner .We have not done so in so long because by the time the sun goes down it is almost bedtime :( Grrr I wish they would leave the clocks alone like they do in Indiana

Kimberly said...

I can't stand it when we have to turn the clocks. I am always fouled up for weeks - like jet lag! I saw this story and just shook my head. Talk about Big Brother!

Anonymous said...

Does no one understand the reason for it was so that the farmers had a full day to "farm" their fields and so make a living instead of losing precious hours of daylight.

That having said I agree with the split the difference idea but really we need a farmer to comment on how it would affect their working day.

Pirate Princess said...

We could all boycott and move to Arizona - they don't participate in DLS! :0) Hello, Michele sent me.

trusty getto said...

I read about his earlier today, too. I love one of the reasons they gave, so people will spend more money! Sounds like yet another special interest bit of legislation that nobody's actual constituents asked for.

Saw your post on my blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Heather said...

You totally beat me in that challenge :-) Just letting you know I am finally getting you added to my blogroll! I am sorry . . .it has been a busy week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan to me!

Anonymous said...

as long as we don't do like India and go to the 30 minutes off thing. I can do math by the hour but the half hour just drives me batty.

I'd prefer to stay on daylight savings time year round.

Thumper said...

I would love for it to be DLS all the time. Being night blind in winter SUCKS.

If I can't have it all the time, I'll settle for 4 extra weeks.

Star said...

I like daylight savings time because I it is still light when I leave work. It is so depressing to come and go without the sun. While it's till light out you feel like you still have time to do something.

Rohit said...

I think even India should be using DLSbut well, they still haven't adopted two time zones so DLS is way off...

In via Michele's!

Anonymous said...

Extending daylight savings is a good thing although I would prefer it all year round. I think I heard it is also to conserve energy. Not having to use as many lights. Big Brother? Oh brother. It could be worse. China has the whole country on the same time zone. They want to keep everyone the same.

guppyman said...

Ummmm... Changing the clocks doesn't affect how much daylight there is in a day... so how does it affect people who work from 'sun-up to sun-down' anyways?

Always thought that was a ridiculous reason to screw the rest of us anyway...

Pick a time.... I don't care which... and just leave the clocks alone!